March 24, 2008

My weekend of TV watching

This weekend I spent some quality time with my tivo. Time to share some thoughts on Lost, Jericho, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory and The Return of Jezebel James.

The Return of Jezebel James aired 3/21/08

All I can say is despite my love for Parker Posey as an actress this show has been a disappointment. Even with show runner Amy Sherman-Palladino of Gilmore Girls, it cannot be saved. I love seeing Scott Cohen on the screen. (The delicious Max Medina for you non-Gilmore viewers, shame on you.) But even his presence and the greatness of Parker cannot make this show watchable. The laugh track is annoying and the lack of chemistry between PP and Lauren Ambrose as sisters makes for 30 min of torture. Unfortunate, but true. I don't think this show will be getting another view on the tivo from me.

CBS Comedies How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory aired 3/17/08

Big Bang Theory

I love the Big Bang Theory. Sheldon is the most abrasive, rude character on TV in a while and I love him. But I love geeks. This week against Sheldon's wishes Leonard presents a paper on some stuff I can't pretend to understand ending in an all out cat fight in front of their fellow geeks. Of course Howard took the opportunity to make a nice You Tube video of it.
View here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMA_mMG1Scg

On How I Met Your Mother, Ted learns that being Barney isn't all that great. While the rewards he reaped from living like there was no tomorrow were fun. He realized that they made him someone he didn't want to be. There's only room for one Barney on this show and NPH plays him perfectly. We caught another glimpse of the famous yellow umbrella bringing us one step closer to finding out who the mother is. Good thing Ted didn't meet her that night, she probably wouldn't have liked him. Not the funniest HIMYM ever, although Marshall and Lily's crooked apartment is pretty funny, but better than 2.5 Men.

Lost aired 3/20/08

Why? Why would Sayid sell out Michael before finding out all the details?!?!?! It must be why, when they get off that island Sayid works for Ben. Not enough Desmond for my taste, but then I love him. What's going to happen with that? Who killed Karl? Is Rousseau a goner? Did she and Ben plan it Karl couldn't knock up their daughter? Are the freighters going to kill everyone? Argh.... my brain!!

Jericho aired 3/18/08

Mama Green is back and helping to spring him from Beck's clutches. Beck is on a manhunt for Stanley after the killing of that Ravenwood guy, whose name escapes me currently. John Smith sells out Hawkins to Beck as the terrorist and the bomb is on it's way to Cheyenne where the mastermind of it all, John Smith can take out J & R and the new regime at once. Hawkins is right though, it will only kill innocents and in the end make the problem worse. Since Jericho is officially dead next weeks series finale better be awesome!

NBC.com

I also spent a good part of Sat afternoon watching quartlife on nbc.com and catching up on Chuck. Both are awesome and should be watched.

What do you think of the shows in this post? Put your responses in the comments section below.

Tonight time for the drama The Hills returns with an all new hour. TV guiltiest pleasure is back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You might enjoy this entertaining audio interview with Bill Prady, co-creator of "The Big Bang Theory": http://www.mrmedia.com/2008/04/bill-prady-big-bang-theory-cbs-tv.html . Prady's other writing and producing credits include "Gilmore Girls," "Muppets in Space," "Dream On," and even an episode of "Star Trek Voyager."